Pages

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Japan Fest & Tiger's Den

What? Why does my title sound so auspicious? 
We went to Japan Fest in Hermann park around 11:30 this morning and the weather was pretty nice.


Okinawa Okonomiyaki
The park
Complimentary Sushi / Tempura / Curry w Rice

Some stuff they were selling
There was a game where you paid $2 to get a "fishing net" made out of rice paper
and could catch as many fish as possible until your net broke

My mom wanted to take a selfie so

Super cool flowers that were hand-made out of clay by a talented artist!
You could touch them- they were rubbery and bouncy. 

I couldn't eat a lot of stuff but that was OK because the curry was excellent! We had to leave early because I had class (oops). I may go back tomorrow. 

We went to one of my favourite places after class, "nu cafe". They have really good shaved ice, bubble tea, etc (your typical Taiwanese food and dessert place). 

Green Tea shaved ice with mango & mochi 
Right across from the cafe, we went to this super popular place called "Tiger's Den" for dinner.

The interior of the restaurant

Focus: Tonkatsu Ramen
Background: Spicy Miso Ramen
The Ramen was amazing. They cooked the egg exactly how I liked it (half/half with the egg yolk oozing out) and had yummy bamboo shreds inside. The broth was amazing. My mom said it was one of the best bowls of Ramen she has ever tasted and she has eaten a lot of good food.

Teriyaki Chicken wings, anyone? 

Japanese chefs hard at work
 So... up to that point I was going to give this place an 8/10, but the dessert was what stole my heart (omg it was so good).

Small, crispy, soft, fried dough fritters with Pandan sauce
Doesn't that SOUND amazing? It was so good. It was super soft and the pandan sauce was really delicious. The whole basket only cost $4. Affordable place with a great ambience & service. I'm actually so coming back. All in all, gr8 day. See ya :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment