Pages

Sunday, June 1, 2014

DIY Muscle/Fringe Tees


So I've been wanting to do this for a really long time.... These tops are perfect for the heat and they look super cute. This is how to make a fringe top and/ or a muscle tee. It's easy and fun

These are the materials you need:

  • A regular shirt
  • A muscle tee
  • Fabric scissors
  • Something to draw with (pencil/fabric chalk)
You can get any tees from thrift stores or use your old shirts! 


A regular shirt you want to transform, a regular muscle tee, fabric scissors, and some sort of line drawer

This is the shirt I'm using

Line up the muscle tee with your shirt and draw lines where you want to cut. Make sure you give yourself some leeway incase you make mistakes
Snip snip snip
Start cutting the bottom up. You can cut the string horizontally to whatever length you want

You should draw your line in pencil. 

Final product!

I decided that I didn't like the width, so I went back and cut it up some more. Try it on before you decide what you want. You can always go back and clean up the edges, but we want a "grunge" look so it's fine.



I would pair this top with jean shorts and a long pendant necklace. If you have a vibrant/bright top, you can skip the necklace and go with rings instead. Cute and affordable midi / regular rings here!
I love making these because I can go out and flaunt something that I made.

What it looks like. You can also cut off the fringe completely for a crop top
Hope that was easy enough! :) It's really fun and cute for summer. Have a good one :)



No comments:

Post a Comment